If your business or brand is not involved in Facebook marketing, then you need to start today. Facebook is by far the biggest social media platform in the world and is growing everyday at a phenominal rate. To date Facebook has over 901 million monthly active users, and approximately 80% of these users are outside the U.S. and Canada.
On a daily basis Facebook has over 726 million daily users and a staggering 498 million users were active with Facebook on at least six out of the last seven days. By the end of October 2013 more than 196 billion friends had connections on Facebook, and an average of 3.9 billion Likes and Comments generated by Facebook users per day during the second quarter of 2013.
Facebook marketing is about building lasting relationships with your existing customers and promoting your business.
Facebook marketing is also about generating new fans organically and by referral from your existing client base.
Facebook marketing falls into 8 interactive marketing categories:
Fans: Ask fans to share. Give feedback on your product. Hold online market research
Events: Throw an online party. Host a scavenger hunt. Stream a press conference
Contests: Issue a fan challenge. Award prizes to fans who share. Crowdsource
Ads: Create ads to promote the contest. Ask a question. Advertise an event
Share: Give away a prize. Host a video contest. Reward fans with fans that intereact
QR Codes: Show product options. Take buyers to a virtual tour. Map to store location
Collaboration: Used featured Likes. Joint contests and giveaways. Guest post on clients pages
Ongoing: Hold a photo contest. Give coupons to fans. Monthly contests. Share, share & share!.
It’s all about interaction
“If your a product manager, a marketing manager or a CEO reading this page and are not using Facebook to promote your product, brand or business. Then you are probably going to miss the boat, and your competitors will eat you up – Unless you take action today!”
Engage your fans with quality content
Develop a posting strategy to engage with your fans on an ongoing basis and increase your posts’ visibility.
Your posting strategy allows you to:
• Give your Page an authentic and consistent voice and encourage people to like and share your posts
• Drive sales by offering special deals and giveaways to bring people into your store
To develop your posting strategy, simply:
• Create a conversational calendar to help plan the timing and themes of your posts (we suggest 1–2 posts per week)
• Post engaging content like photos, videos and questions to encourage fan participation
• Highlight important and relevant stories with our new star function and use the new “pinning” function to anchor the
most important stories to the top of your Page for up to 7 days
Influence the friends of fans by promoting social activity from your Page
Extend the reach of your posts by promoting your fans’ interactions on your Page to their friends on Facebook.
Promoting your Page’s social activity allows you to:
• Drive awareness and promote fan interactions with your business
• Increase the visibility of your fans’ engagement with your posts or your Page to generate word-of-mouth promotion
Facebook marketing – CGO Media, for Facebook marketing.
To find out more about how we can help your business grow via Facebook marketing and all our other social media services, feel free to contact us.